Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kara's Photo Story


Although not a baseball fan, I went with my family to watch the Philadelphia Phillies take on the Milwaukee Brewers at Citizens Bank Park Sunday September 14.



I was interested in almost everything but the game itself, our great seats, the delicious food, and taking pictures.  My younger brother who sat behind me kept leaning forward to tell me who the best players are and when to take pictures.  Chase Utley, #26, is his favorite.


After about five innings, I decided to go for a walk around the stadium with my family.  In doing so, I practically bumped into the person who played a big part in my past.  That person is Ace Enders, the former frontman of the Early November and also my childhood babysitter.
(Photo taken at the TLA on South Street about 3 years ago)


As it turns out, Ace was not at the game to watch baseball either.  He was there to sing "God Bless America" during the 7th inning stretch.  The seventh inning came (along with my excitement), and he sang a beautiful rendition of the song. 


As the song ended and Ace was escorted off the field, both of my parents had tears in their eyes.  Ace is someone they've watched grow not only physically but throughout his career.  He began as a boy with a guitar, who supported himself by babysitting, and eventually formed a band, and traveled throughout the U.S. and Europe.  Although the band has since broken up, Ace has built his own recording studio, and is working on his career as a solo artist.  It was quite unexpected to run into him, and hear him play at the Phillies game.  Even though the Phillies won, 6-1, the 7th inning stretch surprise was defiantly the highlight of the game for my family and I.

No comments: